Go Back   L-Factor Forums > Gaming > Gaming

Gaming For gaming related topics and discussion.
Mobile Gaming

Old 23-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #11
D41V30N
L-Factor's LORD PERVERT

Gil: 6405
D41V30N is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to D41V30N

If you do play strategy games and take in-game strategies and tactics into account, you'll come to understand that the gameplay of DotA is more advanced yet basic at the same time (the feeling is hard to describe, but that's just how it is) and strategies are infinite. It's not really about fanboyism. If you're an advanced gamer and prefer the sheer adrenaline of gameplay rather than all those flashy summoner mumbo-jumbo, you'll prefer DotA over HoN or LoL or anything. Really. And the fact that it uses WC3 Engine, which is arguably one of the best strategy gaming engines ever made, only makes its strength over the others more evident. Yes, controls are so much more orgasmic.
... It's like... well... there are so many FPS games, but there aren't many FPS games with controls as orgasmic as Half-Life. So you can compare DotA's controls to HL's controls. Only that DotA is Strategy and HL is FPS.
D41V30N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #12
Ryojin
Final Boss

Gil: 18115
Ryojin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Ryojin

It was a joke, man...

I really don't care much anyway. I wasn't very fond of dota when I tried it out. I doubt I'll like this, but I'm willing to give it a try since quite a few of my friends have recommended trying it.
Ryojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #13
Viper718
The Dragon Reborn

Gil: 899999997505
Viper718 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Viper718 Send a message via MSN to Viper718 Send a message via Yahoo to Viper718 Send a message via Skype™ to Viper718

You two (not you Ryojin) are a little too wild about this. Yes, DoTA is great, and yes, LoL is based off DoTA, but they are different games, LoL does NOT use the WC3 engine, but their own engine based off it, and also had the original author of DoTA assist them in the game (though DoTA 2 has a much larger assistance from him). Another note is DoTA 2 is the same as LoL, as it is a game that takes from DoTA to make a game, basically a copy of DoTA. Blizzard, the makes of WC3 are not making DoTA 2, and only the original author of DoTA is assisting with it, not the whole large community that worked together to make the groundbreaking map.

You guys need to chill. The game may be based off DoTA, but it's not DoTA, it's different while being similar, and it's fun in its own right.

And there is adrenaline in LoL too if you're playing good games, which you do more often nowadays. Both DoTA and LoL have their own appeals. Just remember, even though the game is based off of the DoTA map, it is not DoTA, it is not a carbon copy. It is a game BASED OFF the MAP of another game. Both are fun, so let that be that.

Let's not jump into a thread of a game just to bash it. We used to have that rules here, and on LFR, but decided it shouldn't be necessary. If you guys decide to jump into game threads just to talk dirt about it, then I may have to reinstate that rule.

Another thing. Donny, if you played LoL for 20 minutes, you have no right to add the game to your "I have played this" list. I hated LoL, hated it for over a year, but then, got back into it recently, and actually enjoyed it. And, actually, there really isn't a huge balance issue. Like in most games, people complain about balance, but those who actually pay attention will realize that the loss of balance is when good players go against bad players, or people that do not understand how to strategically position and outfit yourself play against those that do.

I would also appreciate the disuse of the term "Noob" here, as it is an elitist, moronic, retarded term. I am not banning it, just saying I'd rather not see it. People who use the word "noob" prove themselves to be noobs far more than the ones they call noobs.

To Dave. Your comparison of games, and the explanation of how WC3's engine is the best strategy engine is utter bollocks. I love WC3, love it to death in fact. I think the game is amazing, and the engine is great, but you'd honestly say it has a better strategy engine than Total War, which has the most intuitive strategy engine to date? Funny thing is, Total War bores me after a while, while WC does not, but Total War, by far, outshines WC3's engine.

And, though I love Half-Life, its engine, and its controls, I cannot even come close to saying they are "orgasmic". There is a plethora of games with controls as good, or even better, and that use more advanced engines. Half-Life is an amazing game, with a great system behind it, but what you are doing is using hyperbole, and definite fanboyism, to describe something with complete bias.

If it is misunderstood, I am not making these comments because I think LoL is an amazing game, but because of the inane, thoughtless comments posted here, explaining why this, or that, is better, when the truth of it is that your examples are complete hogwash.

We don't mind disagreements about a game, or even saying that you dislike it, but talking trash about a game is another issue.

Again, if you want to comment that you dislike a game, and WHY, that is fine, but dissenting on those that play it (donny), or talking about how this system or that system is better without knowing the facts about the entire underlay (dave) is just rude to the players, misinformed, and honestly, ignorant.

I still love you guys, but I am asking you chill out a bit, and before making a comment about how something is terrible as an absolute, think first, and then post as an opinion, not a fact, and with a little less force.

I'll even give you an example:

"I just don't really like LoL. I think it's a rip off of DoTA, and I don't believe its gameplay is even close to that of DoTA."

That is an example of a way to make your point without dissenting on others.

Thank you, and good night.
Viper718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 07:45 PM   #14
donnymaniac

Gil: 1105
donnymaniac is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to donnymaniac

Hm. I must admit I was rather rude with that post.
Lol, I wanna get to things one by one, but am too lazy and sleepy. And I do have rights to place it on my "I have played this list", I do have every right to do so.
I don't usually bash anything, but being a DotA player and a part of a very, very rude community, I get enraged and stuff. Not that am using this as an excuse, I was wrong and I am sorry.
I still think LoL is unbalanced though, and what you said is just not enough to convince me otherwise. The "Good" and the "bad" players? That means if I don't play with a group of good people I wont end up with a good game? What kind of strategy lies in being hidden and off the map in the tall grass? The last game I played, I was chasing a hero, he went into the grass and started spamming
"VID MATERIAL, EPIC JUKE"
How on earth was that even a juke?
The fact that I can't deny the enemy EXP, the fact that I last hit more than my opponent and out laned him but it was still pointless because the gold per second you get is enough to get you the best gear anyways, all this just left me disappointed.

Tiptoe to your room
A starlight in the gloom
I only dream of you
And you never knew

Muse <3
donnymaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #15
Nudi_Alf
RAINBOW

Gil: 4995
Nudi_Alf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Nudi_Alf

From what I can read, Donny, you have just been unlucky and has played with douchebags..
If we have to judge a game like that I have countless of MMO's that is crap.. WoW being one of them too (saying this since a bunch of people in here knows Im a WoW-fan/player).
Judge the game on the game and not the people who plays it..

On another note..
This is a thread about League of Legends, but what I have seen so far is only talk about a game called DoTa..
Maybe renaming the thread would be an idea... Here is a fitting title; "LoL vs. DoTa vs. HL vs. MW3 vs. DoTa2"

Then you can rant all you want!
I was hoping to discuss different stuff about LoL in this thread, but apperently this thread, judging by its content, is NOT about actual LoL gameplay, but if LoL is a good game or not and which games are better...
And if that is how this thread is going to be..
WoW and Diablo is 100000000000 times better than LoL, because I love the gameplay in those two games!
But I have fun in LoL because I play with friends and nice people and I will therefor NOT say LoL is a bad game!
WoW/Diablo has been shit too because of shittish people, but when I play with friends I have fun! And a funny fact, mostly playing with friends is what makes a game fun! Who would EVER has guessed that!!!

Its easy to go into a thread and say: "this game sucks because that game is better!"
But let me learn you a funny word "opinion".. do you know what that means.. No.. well.. good thing there is something called Google..
Or would you rather use jubii or bing? well go ahead.. I think they suck, but if you like to use them I will not stop you, because it my own OPINION that they suck.. just because I think that doesnt mean Im right or that everyone else should think that!
Isnt it funny that we all can have different opinions.. Now if we only could have them without being shot at all the time it would be nice...
But some egoistic people does that that is not an option!

Im sorry for sounding rude, but this thread is simply ridiculous...
Thank you and good night!

Setix wuz here. Ryojin followed. Viper was the best though.

Last edited by Nudi_Alf; 30-03-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Nudi_Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #16
Cromell

Gil: 1809
Cromell will become famous soon enough

Wow, Nadi, chill

I don't like LoL. I suck at it. Still, I try to play it so someday I might start to like it (like when I actually learn to play it )

Having played both Dota and LoL, the second one appealed to me a tad more. It's more intuitive, and the balance is OK (you can play with the cheapest champions in the shop and still win with players that have the most expensive ones). I'll agree with Viper, it's a matter of skills and knowing how to counter enemy tactics/abilities.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:29 AM   #17
donnymaniac

Gil: 1105
donnymaniac is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to donnymaniac

Quote:
From what I can read, Donny, you have just been unlucky and has played with douchebags..
If we have to judge a game like that I have countless of MMO's that is crap.. WoW being one of them too (saying this since a bunch of people in here knows Im a WoW-fan/player).
Judge the game on the game and not the people who plays it..

On another note..
This is a thread about League of Legends, but what I have seen so far is only talk about a game called DoTa..
Maybe renaming the thread would be an idea... Here is a fitting title; "LoL vs. DoTa vs. HL vs. MW3 vs. DoTa2"

Then you can rant all you want!
I was hoping to discuss different stuff about LoL in this thread, but apperently this thread, judging by its content, is NOT about actual LoL gameplay, but if LoL is a good game or not and which games are better...
And if that is how this thread is going to be..
WoW and Diablo is 100000000000 times better than LoL, because I love the gameplay in those two games!
But I have fun in LoL because I play with friends and nice people and I will therefor NOT say LoL is a bad game!
WoW/Diablo has been shit too because of shittish people, but when I play with friends I have fun! And a funny fact, mostly playing with friends is what makes a game fun! Who would EVER has guessed that!!!

Its easy to go into a thread and say: "this game sucks because that game is better!"
But let me learn you a funny word "opinion".. do you know what that means.. No.. well.. good thing there is something called Google..
Wow, are you so butt hurt I bashed your lovely game you literally had to rephrase what viper said?
You don't seem to understand, the concept never amused me, not just some douche bags I played with made me say what I said.
I was wrong when I bashed and I did apologize for it, yet I still have to go with reading shit like this.

Let me ask you the same question, DO YOU KNOW OF THE WORD OPINION? because you seem to scream around telling people to go learn of it when you yourself could do with a bit of understanding to where MY opinion lies here.

NEXT TIME, I ll play my little bronie, i mean pony, with friends, THATS FUN, HELL YEA!

Quote:
Or would you rather use jubii or bing? well go ahead.. I think they suck, but if you like to use them I will not stop you, because it my own OPINION that they suck.. just because I think that doesnt mean Im right or that everyone else should think that!
Isnt it funny that we all can have different opinions.. Now if we only could have them without being shot at all the time it would be nice...
But some egoistic people does that that is not an option!

Im sorry for sounding rude, but this thread is simply ridiculous...
Thank you and good night!
I never imposed my opinion and forced anyone to think how I think, let me put this in a clearer way, I couldn't give 3 shits to what you do, what you play or what you use for a search engine. If my opinion makes you bleed, then don't read it, it would save you all the tears.

Please, have a nice cup hot cup of "chill the fuck out" and stop raging and being butthurt for no reason.

Oh and I forgot, MY 2 CENTS!
And am sorry for sounding rude, I clearly WANTED to.

/thread.

Tiptoe to your room
A starlight in the gloom
I only dream of you
And you never knew

Muse <3

Last edited by donnymaniac; 04-04-2012 at 10:05 AM.
donnymaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #18
Cromell

Well, donny is right here - you overreacted, Nadi, since donny have already apologized for being rude.

I'll ask you both to stop this quarell at this point. Shake hands, and stop flaming. If something really bothers you both, settle it with PM. I will delete off-topic posts from now on.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #19
HyugA

Gil: 560
HyugA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to HyugA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper718 View Post
Yes, it's free, but like 11 gig download.
Oh my... even im addicted with DOTA 11 GB is quite a Pain T_T

maybe i dont have the chance to try, specially my Connection is not that fast
HyugA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #20
Cromell

If you have a friend with faster internet, you could ask him to download the client for you - you would have to download yourself only some smaller updates.